India has a long and rich history of fashion and design, with traditional clothing styles that date back centuries. In recent years, India has become increasingly well-known for its fashion designers, who are creating beautiful and innovative designs that are being worn by celebrities and everyday people around the world. If you’re interested in pursuing a fashion designing career in India, this article will give you an exact career path to follow.
Fashion Designing Career in 2022
Why does pursuing a fashion design career in India seem logical? Here is why
- The fashion industry is growing at a rapid pace- more than 15% and there is a huge demand for talented designers.
- India is also home to some of the world’s best design schools producing world’s best fashion designers.
- Fashion designers in India can earn good salaries and enjoy job security. The Indian fashion industry is expected to grow even further in the coming years, so there will be plenty of opportunities for designers to find work.
If you’re considering a career in fashion design, India is a great place to start your search. There are many top design schools here and the job prospects are excellent. So if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, fashion design might be the perfect choice for you.
Why Fashion Designing Career is lucrative in 2022 – Some Useful Data
Below, we have listed some facts that will provide you insight into the past and future trends if you are planning to choose a fashion designing career.
1. The estimated value of the Indian fashion market as a whole is Rs 20,000 crore. The size of the market for branded clothing is close to one-fourth of this, or Rs 5,000 crore. Designer clothing makes up roughly 0.2% of the market for branded clothing. Currently, the designer wear industry’s greatest sales turnover is over Rs 25 crore, while other well-known brands have turnovers between Rs 10 and Rs 15 crore.
2. India’s fashion sector exports a significant amount of fabrics and accessories to the international fashion market. Indian cultural patterns are regarded as an important aspect by fashion houses and clothing manufacturers worldwide.
India is a major producer and exporter of fabrics including:
- 2nd largest silk producer
- 3rd largest cotton producer
- 5th largest producer of synthetic fibers
When it comes to procuring materials for clothing, India is one of the major participants in the global fashion industry. The tradition of India, as well as its raw elements, contributes to its strengths. India is the the, and the.
3. Further research by ASSOCHAM on the “Indian Fashion Industry” showed that the country’s share of the global industry’s net worth is a meager 0.2 percent. The designer clothing market is currently valued at approximately Rs 1,62,900 crore and is expanding at a 9.5 percent annual rate.
4. According to estimations, 66 percent of male clients and 57 percent of female customers are engaged in the category of Indian designer clothes. Western designer clothing has a 5% category engagement. Men can spend up to Rs 48,627 and women can spend up to Rs 56,271 per capita annually on designer clothing.
Step-by-step procedure to pursue Fashion Designing Career
If you are planning to pursue a fashion designing career in India, there are a few things you will need to keep in mind. There are many opportunities available for those who wish to pursue a career in this field. Here are some steps to take if you want to make a fashion designing career in India from scratch.
1. Get a degree in fashion design from an institute that is recognized by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). This is the first and most important step toward becoming a successful fashion designer in India.
2. Start working as an intern or assistant designer with a reputed fashion house. This will give you valuable experience and exposure to the industry.
3. Participate in competitions and shows to showcase your talent. This will help you gain visibility and recognition amongst industry professionals and kickstart your fashion designing career.
4. Network with people from the fashion industry and build contacts. This will prove helpful when you are looking for job opportunities or seeking clients for your own business venture.
5. Stay updated with the latest trends and developments in the world of fashion design. This will help you keep ahead of the competition and create designs that are truly unique and trendsetting.
What are the skills required to pursue a Fashion designing Career?
There are many skills required to be a fashion designer, but some of the most important ones that determine your successful fashion designing career are:
- Creativity: Fashion designers must be able to come up with new and innovative designs that will appeal to their target market.
- Artistic ability: A keen eye for the intricate details and skills to visualize the final product.
- Technical skills: Fashion designers need to be able to understand patterns and construction techniques in order to create well-made garments.
- Business skills: A successful fashion designer must be able to market their designs and themselves effectively in order to find work and build a clientele.
Pursuing a fashion designing career in India is not an easy task. However, it is possible to make a successful career in this field if you have the right skills that can only be acquired if you learn fashion designing from the best fashion design institute of India.
Confused on where to take admission for becoming a fashion designer?
INIFD Panvel is one of the best fashion design institutes of India imparting quality education in the field of fashion and interior design. At INIFD Panvel, you get access to:
- The best design faculty
- On-field practical training through field visits and internships
- Access to a successful alumni network
- Career counselling sessions
- Opportunity to learn from India’s biggest fashion designers
Want to know more about our fashion design course in Mumbai? Click here to get full details.